Here we are, the last month of 2022, and it is a great time to reflect and plan the time ahead. This is exactly what I do every year, and such planning becomes my north star for the years to come.
This blog post is more for me than you.
It is a reflection and timeless documentation of thoughts and ideas for me. After years, when I re-read such posts, it reminds me of how far I have come.
I also believe in the power of manifestation, and by writing what I want, I’m also manifesting what I will like to receive in the future. I wish I could tell you, how writing and meditation have helped me manifest a big part of my life, and here I’m, doing what works for me.
What do I want from 2023 and the years ahead –
To Travel –
Here are the places I will like to travel to in 2023
- Thailand (unexplored islands, doing Scuba)
- South India – Coorg and surrounding area
That’s a long list, and it will be interesting to see how many of them I will be able to achieve.
Activities/Hobbies I will like to learn/Master
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
- Become a better trader and value investor – This into the realm across all asset classes. I also want to master the art of automated trading, something I have been dabbling with since 2018.
- Golf 🏌🏻 – This is a new hobby I picked in the last quarter of 2022. And will love to hone my skills as I grow myself in 2023. I often thought its a rich man’s game, but as I’m practicing golf, it is nothing less than meditation if done properly.
- Badminton 🏸 – Take training and get better at it.
- Chess ♞
- Salsa Dance – Dance is an expression of the heart ❤️, mind 🧠 and soul
- Become a remarkable public speaker – Will join ToastMaster again for the same.
- Be more fun – Life is already serious, and I want to hone my quality to turn any dull moment into a joyous moment. After all, its all about how you approach a moment, do you react or you respond?
- Dive at new locations – I would love to dive at new locations and see the marine life up close. I especially wish to achieve peak Buoyancy and take better underwater pictures.
- Train harder – One of my best decision for 2022 was to have a personal gym and fitness trainer. I saw the benefit all around me with this new habit, and in 2023 I wish to let go of any leftover complacency and train harder.
- Rock climbing
- Free Diving
What will be my center for 2023 –
- ShoutMeLoud and CoinSutra – These two web properties are my passion project. I wish to touch the lives and hearts of more than 10 million in 2023 with these passion projects. This may require me to write and create regularly, which I will gladly do. I want to take ShoutMeLoud pro and CoinSutra VIP to next level, by helping our members on more personal level.
- Love and live consciously – The only thing that is truly limited is the amount of breath we going to inhale and exhale in our lifetime. I wish to take every breath consciously and with a purpose. (Zanshin)
- Health – I have been serious about health for a while, but there are many battles I still need to win to reach my peak performance. I wish to train harder and have a body and fitness of a world-class athlete.
- Live in the meditative state – While physical exercise is fuel for my goal to the athletic body, meditation and mindfulness are the fuel for living consciously. I wish to stay in the meditative stay as much and as long as I could.
- Love more and worry less
- Travel more – I have often found that travel ignites my soul, and I wish to stay in that state as much as I could.
- Only remarkable work – I always took pride in doing remarkable and meaningful work. Everything else was the outcome of what I did with true intent. I wish to continue and improve on my quality of remarkable work, which creates a difference in my and numerous people’s lives.
Things I would let go of –
- Alcohol – It is possible to attain peak performance while occasionally enjoying a sip of beer or that glass of fine smokey scotch. But, I wish to spend 6 months without drinking and learn how it impacts my overall quality of life.
- Become a non-smoker – Smoking is my real slow poison and something I often struggle to quit. In 2022, I have had a decent streak of non-smoking days, and in 2023 I wish to turn this into a streak of months.
- Avoid Junk food – I’m mindful of what I eat. I avoid unhealthy food as much as I could, and I’m often very harsh to myself with this construct. However, this year I will have proper cheat days so that I could enjoy that one bite of Samosa or Burger that I often crave for. So that I would not get into guilt mode when enjoying that big glass of Pepsi while watching a movie. However, I would focus on picking healthy alternatives over fried and unhealthy options.
- Avoid Meaningless relationships – I give 3 meetings before I make up my mind if the person is worth investing my time in or not. In 2023, I want to focus more on building deep and meaningful relationships with my friends and family who are the center of my life. I’m always open to meeting remarkable people and often not-so-remarkable people too. But, this year (2023) I will keep it minimalist, and focus on cultivating deep relationships with my inner circle.
I have had a few years in my life when my time spent on smartphones and online was too low, and I wish to do the same for 2023. I don’t want the internet to be an escapade from life and will love to spend my time experiencing the beautiful unseen and unknown experiences our beautiful planet has to offer. I wish to spend a significant amount of time reading books.
Here are some of the books that are on my reading list –
- 365 days with Self-Discipline
- Start with Why – Simon Sinek
- Coffee Can Investing
- The joys of compounding
Do you have a suggestion for books that I should add into my reading list? Feel free to suggest in the comment section below.
2 comments on “2023 Plan – What I’m Looking Forward To”
Wooh! great list of things.
This post is really inspiring me to make a such list for next year. Will do soon 🙂
Thanks for sharing and inspiring always.
Really amazing Harsh…
You are a Present living inspiration to a lot of youngsters like me, who are studying in college…
I also have such plans to quit my weakness and to spend more time on my work… To make my life better…….
I also join with you. ….. 😁
Keep Rocking…… ✨️🥳👍🏻