“Simplicity, clarity, singleness: These are the attributes that give our lives power and vividness and joy as they are also the marks of great art. They seem to be the purpose of God for his whole creation.” Richard Holloway
If you have errors, then you don’t need to change anything, you need to change is your thoughts and perception only. Just love simplifying your life. It makes you a more active and less stressful life. It makes you calmer and happier.
How To Turn A Bad Day Around:
- Take in the air: When depressed, indulge in a problem or the past or future in your subconscious mind, take a long breath with your gut for a while, and just emphasize on the breath going in and out. By doing this, will make you calm your body down and you can be livelier in the present moment.
- Never go for multiple things at a time: You will feel better if you have better results in your work. So, opt for one thing at a time. This goes for your offline & online life. Be present at the moment (Now) & you would notice how beautiful your life is. Usually, thoughts from the past or worry about the future give us anxiety & take our attention from what is in front of us. Always remember, you can’t change your past & you can’t control your future. All you have is now!
- Jot it all down: Utilise your space in mind for other things than memorizing what to do. And the brain is usually like a leaky pitcher. So jot down all your great concepts, visions, and thoughts before they go disappeared somewhere. This is also useful when you are working on something & you get new ideas or remember things to do, just note it down. I prefer using Evernote to do the same.
- Don’t like, don’t do: Life makes constant changes. If you are not enjoying doing something anymore, just get the kick-off that works.
- Stop being an entertainer: Stop trying to delight everyone. There will always be some persons around you that do not like you for some reason.
- No one can be perfect: As a substitute, go for good enough. Allow things to be done this way and then move ahead to the next task.
- Prepare your bag for tomorrow: Pack your bag before sleeping. Then you don’t have to get worried about that in the morning and chances to forget something will be lessened.
- Just get rid of the things you haven’t used: Have a look at your things and question yourself, either these have been used in the past one year or can be used in the future. If not, throw out or give it away to charity. Living a minimalistic life can do wonders for you. Don’t believe me? Check out the video I shared at the end.
- Simplifying queries by asking yourself: Questions like “Who is the most important person in your life?” and “What can you do to tackle the present situation?”
- Everything should be in an ordered way: If it is haphazard at your place then it becomes tacky to keep your home ordered and remove unnecessary things. This will help you to provide inner stability as the outer atmosphere affects your inner soul.
- Make yourself busy doing household work: We usually make limited servings of what we are about to eat. This reduces the time that you devote to cooking and you’ll have to do less work of cleaning up dishware in general. Apart from this, it’s good to have that part of the food to carry along with you at workplaces to save some bucks.
- Guessing is a tough task: Reading brains are hard. So, as an alternative ask questions and talk. This will help you to lessen conflicts, misunderstandings, negativity, and waste of time and energy.
- The workspace should be compact: There are no distractions here. Just me, the computer and the water. There should be no distractions around your workplace. Just you, your equipment and the water.
- Review your things daily: Check everything just once a day. Check your email inboxes, blog statistics, online earnings, Twitter, and Facebook just once a day and associate all these checking into a small daily custom at the end of your workday. Check out Time management tips & ideas for making To-Do list.
- Be kind-hearted: Pick small daily deeds of kindness. Instead of doing unnecessary judgment and condemnation towards the individuals around you and towards yourself.
- To exaggerate an insignificant matter out of all fractions: Don’t make mountains out of molehills. Stop thinking too much about something and constructing it up to something big in your head.
- Plan out your week: Utilize sometime on Monday morning to organize your week. Compose your plans for the week, organize your selected to-do list and get ready for the week. This will help you to have more transparency and minimize stress.
- Eradicate complicated people: Occupied yourself with those people that help you to keep things simple and people that make you involve in overcomplicating things and producing drama, just ignore them. Here are 7 types of toxic people you should not keep in your life.
- Performing meditation nurture mindfulness: We are all conscious about the benefits of physical exercise, which improved fitness, stress release, and an increased life expectancy, but we ignore the exercise we can do to our brain. In the short-term, meditation relaxes us. In the longer-term, it supports mindfulness, lifts our concentration levels and listening skills, helps us to cope up with stress, and simplifies our thought process, raising better decision-making and leadership skills.
Let me know what other tips would you give to others who are having a bad day? Check out more Lifehacks articles here.